Party responsible for processing your data.
Entity: Barcelona Academia de Art S.L.
Fiscal Identification Code (C.I.F.) of the entity: B65959413
Address of the entity: Carrer de María Auxiliadora, 9, 08017 Barcelona
Telephone number of the data controller: 0034 93 485 17 99
Email address of the data controller:
In compliance with the provisions of European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and Organic Law 3/2018 on Personal Data Protection and Guarantee of Digital Rights, we inform you that, depending on your relationship with us, at the Barcelona Academy of Art we use the data you provide for some or all of the following purposes, among others:
- Academic management
- Records of employees and former employees of the company. Employee management
- Writing letters of invitation for study visas
- Buying/selling of goods and services.
- Control and surveillance of site access.
- Coordination of business activities and presentation of our services
- Contract writing, payroll management and other related tasks
- Sending commercial information about the entity by post, e-mail or other means.
- Management of accounting, administration, invoicing, collections and payments.
- To provide services, after-sale services and loyalty.
- Publication of personal data on various social networks or other means of publication.
- Charging via POS.
- Budget processing.
- Carrying out a staff selection process according to the abilities, skills and other information of interest included in their curriculum vitae.
- Use of data derived from the company’s activities.
- Responding to requests for information, as well as sending communications about our products, services and activities, including by electronic means (e.g. e-mail, SMS, WhatsApp)
- Formalisation of students’ registration and participation in their selected activities/seminars.
- Answering requests, responding to queries and customer loyalty strategies
- Security of the entity.
Data retention period
Your data will be kept for the duration of your contractual, commercial or other kind of relationship with us, or until you request its deletion, as well as for the time necessary to comply with legal obligations.
In the case of information to certify the education received by the students, the data are kept permanently to preserve the rights of these students.
In some cases, such as in the case of data contained in accounting documents and invoices, tax regulations require that they be kept until such time as liabilities in this area are no longer required.
The legal basis for the processing of your data lies in:
- Unambiguous consent
- The execution of a contract. Our students, once admitted, obtain educational services from the BAA. The provision of services to the student constitutes a relationship of a contractual nature, with obligations for each party: the right of the student to receive a quality education and the right and obligation of the BAA to process his or her data in the provision of this service.
- The legitimate interest of the data controller. This is the case of the data of people interested in a teaching offer from the BAA, or of people who have sent us their curriculum vitae or who participate in our selection processes.
- The fulfilment of the contractual relationship. In the case of relations with our customers and suppliers, all actions necessary for the fulfilment of the contract are legitimised in the contractual relationship, as well as the use of the data that these commercial relations entail.
- The legal obligations derived from providing the service. For the recognition and issue procedures of the diplomas corresponding to the studies given. Also, in compliance with legal obligations (tax regulations), data are communicated to the tax authorities. It would also be in compliance with legal obligations to communicate data to judicial bodies or law enforcement agencies, if required.
- When we send information about our activities or services, we use contact data with the explicit consent of the person who will receive it. It is also on the basis of consent that we obtain navigation data from the person visiting our website, which can be revoked at any time by uninstalling the cookies.
- The images that we obtain via CCTV are handled on the basis of our institution’s legitimate interest in protecting its facilities and property. Our legitimate interest also justifies the processing of the data we obtain from the contact forms.
As a general rule, we only communicate data in compliance with legal obligations. This includes required communications to the tax authorities, banks and other financial institutions, accounting and/or consulting firms and social security, among others.
We have previously disclosed the data communications of our students when necessary to enable the provision of educational services, and of our clients and suppliers, in the development of economic and commercial relations. The contact information of the students can be communicated to other institutions in our group (such as MEAM, among others) as long as the student has authorised it.
We obtain certain services from external companies or individuals who provide their expertise. Occasionally, when necessary, they need access to personal data. Under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation, strictly speaking this is not data transfer, rather data processing. Only companies that guarantee their compliance with these regulations are contracted. At the time of hiring, their confidentiality obligations are formalised and their performance is monitored. This may be the case for data hosting services on servers, computer or legal support services, accounting, tax or other advisory services.
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not the Barcelona Academy of Art is processing personal data concerning you. You also have the right of access to your personal data, as well as the right to request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, to request their deletion when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, and provided that their retention is not required for legal reasons. So that we may keep your personal data up to date, it is important that you inform us of any changes, otherwise we cannot be held responsible for their accuracy.
Under certain circumstances, you may request that we restrict the processing of your data, in which case we will only keep them for the exercise or defence of claims. Additionally, under certain circumstances and for reasons related to your particular situation, you may exercise your right to oppose the processing of your data. The Barcelona Academy of Art will cease to process the data, except for essential, legitimate reasons, or for the exercise or defence of possible claims. You may also exercise the right to data transfer, as well as withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the legality of the data processing based on the consent given prior to its withdrawal.
Alternatively, you can contact us by mail at the following address: Carrer de María Auxiliadora, 9, 08017 Barcelona (Spain). Please enclose a photocopy of your ID document for identification purposes. Please remember to provide as much information as possible about your request: Your full name and the e-mail address used for the account or site that is the subject of your request.
Finally, we inform you that you can address the Spanish Data Protection Agency and other competent public bodies for any claim arising from the processing of your personal data.
General and cookies